To most, contacting a lawyer is daunting. After overcoming such stress, many people see just another battle to fight after they feel they’ve fought an entire war. It’s understandable. Which means getting the right attorneys for the job. Attorneys that will represent you and assist in fighting that battle for justice to you, your friends, or your family.
It’s easy to assume, due to TV or our constant feed of news, that most medical malpractice cases are all ridiculous. For that reason, it’s important to sort through the myths and let those who are victims of medical malpractice, and haven’t talked to an attorney yet, some peace of mind when contacting an attorney about their case.
We’ll break down the most consistent misconceptions of what to do when medical malpractice hurts you or your family:
- Medical Malpractice attorneys are too expensive.
- Most inherently think that medical malpractice attorneys work entirely for profit. Which is not entirely true. Though some do, some medical malpractice attorneys only get paid if they win the case where your legal fees will be deducted.
- Medical Malpractice claims are typically flippant.
- Studies show that only 3 percent of claims are inherently flippant. Most cases are brought about by those who want justice for action or inaction that leads to something catastrophic in their lives. In essence, what makes for good TV or news isn’t exactly the norm.
- Medical Malpractice claims have directly increased health care costs.
- A myth perpetuated by many insurance companies, medical malpractice claims are down within the last 3 years while health care costs have continually rose.
- All Medical Malpractice attorneys are the same.
- Possibly the biggest myth of all. All medical malpractice attorneys are not equally qualified to represent you in the courtroom. It’s important to seek out attorneys like Martin Walker to represent you who have a plethora of experience under their belts.
If you or someone you know has been affected by malpractice, seek help immediately. We suggest not waiting for 2 years or more from the date you were affected. It’s our duty at Martin Walker Law to represent you to the standard that we believe is necessary to tackle any case.
Call Martin Walker Law today at (903) 526-1600 for a free consultation. Let us help you.