Medical Malpractice – Don’t Be A Victim
Many patients often do not know that they have been victims of medical malpractice. Typically, most people falsely assume that, because the media shows large medical malpractice lawsuits, they are not entitled for pursuing a case against the doctor or hospital. Negligence is one of the biggest issues that does not get pursued and is, unfortunately, one of the most common. Don’t be a victim, learn the facts.
Medical Malpractice Facts:
- According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, it is reported that there have been over 120,000 deaths pertaining to adverse effects of medical treatment.
- Approximately 2% of those suffering from medical malpractice file claims for compensation.
- 33% of malpractice claims are because of a wrongful diagnosis.
- Approximately 23% of medical malpractice cases are due to surgery.
- 1/3rdof all physicians pay more than $10,000 each year in malpractice insurance premiums.
- Over 40% of physicians say that their monthly patient volume leads to errors.
- Medical negligence is the 3rdleading cause of death in the United States.
- On average, there are 90,000 people who die in the United States each year due to an error in medical diagnosis.
If you have been injured, contact Martin Walker Law to schedule an appointment today.
Sources: Malpractice Center, JAMA, Bureau of Labor Statistics.